Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Welcome Back!

Hello! My name is Rachel Boswell and I am the General Music Teacher for Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade. I am a native of Rochester, NY and a graduate of Roberts Wesleyan College where I completed a B.S. in Music Education. As a member of the Founding Faculty, this will be my fourth year teaching at Archway Lincoln. A few of my hobbies are singing, playing guitar, reading, hiking and bragging excessively about my three year old niece.

I am looking forward to welcoming back our young scholars and meeting the new additions to our great school. In music class, students will explore and navigate the wonderful world of music. These early years are an essential time in your student’s development to introduce foundational musical concepts. My goal is to provide a rich environment that engages them in singing, playing, listening, creating, performing and responding to music.

We will cover aspects of:
    Music Theory - solfege, melody, rhythm, notation, form, articulation
    Singing - finding our singing voice, posture, breathing, volume control, song memorization
    Playing - technique for a variety of instruments, pitched and unpitched
    Music History - composer’s lives and works (1st and 2nd)
    Listening - getting familiar with timeless pieces of music and describing what we hear
    Moving - responding kinesthetically to the music we hear and the music we create
    Performing - an essential part of being a musician. Each grade level will have the opportunity to put on a concert for family and friends twice a year. The concerts are mandatory and part of their grade. The concert dates are:

Thursday, November 15th from 5:30- 6:15pm
and
Thursday, April 4th from 5:30-6:30pm
We will be performing at the Higley Center for the Performing Arts.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or comments.
I look forward to our correspondence and a wonderful year ahead.

Sincerely,









Rachel Boswell