Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Congratulations!!

Where to begin....

Every year I am amazed at the incredible things that our scholars accomplish.
And every year I wrestle with finding the balance between

inspiring them, pushing them (and sometimes flat out dragging them) towards the goal of excellence

AND

remembering they are just little humans.

I could write a whole post about about that but I'll save it for another day :)

As I sit here and finally eat my dinner at 10pm, the main thing that I wanted to express is that I am so very thankful. Sure, Mrs. Zimmermann and I put in a lot of time and effort to train our scholars. And YES it is exhausting. But the truth is, these nights could never happen if it weren't for every single faculty member. They gave up their entire evening to wrangle the hyped up kids, comfort the nervous ones, and then make sure to the best of their ability, they get them efficiently back to you.  I am so grateful for their sacrifices as we messed up their schedules to rehearse, threw a bunch of logistics their way, and expected them to jump in to the moment.

No great endeavor can be accomplished alone.

I am also thankful to all of you. Your love and support of your scholars motivates you to walk through these helter-skelter concert days. Getting the kids half concert ready before they even get to school, making sure they have snacks or dinner packed away, leaving work early to rush to pickup, waiting in drive line, just to fly to Higley as soon as you get out of the parking lot.... You are the reason we can celebrate and display their accomplishments. You are the reason we can help them begin to learn in a million small ways that

perseverance is worth it,
a job well done is good for the soul,
we can do hard (and scary) things.

Thank you for allowing your scholars to experience these things last night. Thank you for placing value on Classical education - an education that enables us to share and instill these beautiful virtues.

I can honestly say I felt so much pride and joy last night as you cheered them on.

Here's to a job well done!




To order your DVD, visit: